Sunday, December 30, 2018

Bubbling over with happiness

In my last post I shared two versions of a very clean and simple birthday card. Today I have a card that's a little wild and crazy, "bubbling over" with bright colors and pattern.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Bubble Over
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Whisper White card stock; Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper (DSP); gold foil sheets; alcohol ink card stock (YUPO)
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green; alcohol inks: Honeycomb, Botanical, Aqua (Ranger)
Accessories: Bottles & Bubbles Framelits dies, Merry Minis punch pack, clear droplets (Pretty Pink Posh), gold washi tape (unknown), sponge, Dimensionals

That's a lot to look at, right? I may have gone a bit overboard, but I think you need to do that every once in a while.

This card started with the background panel in the middle of the card, which I made with alcohol inks, and snowballed from there. I chose three coordinating colors -- Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, and Granny Apple Green -- and decided to add gold accents.

I knew I wanted to add pop bottles, so I die cut them out of Granny Apple Green card stock and sponged ink around the edges. I added gold straws and labels with gold stars and then set them aside.

For the card base I used Bermuda Bay card stock and stamped bubbles all around the edges. I mounted the alcohol ink panel on Coastal Cabana card stock on adhered it in the middle of the card base. Since the background panel was so bold, I needed to break up the color a bit so the bottles were easier to see. I cut a strip of Bermuda Bay DSP patterned with stars and adhered it horizontally across the card. I added a piece of polka dot washi tape to echo the theme of the bubbles and bring in a little more gold. I used Dimensionals to adhere the bottles on the card, and for one final detail I glued several clear droplets around the tops of the bottle.

Inside the card I added a panel of Whisper White card stock and stamped the sentiment with Bermuda Bay ink. Since the front of the card was so busy, I didn't want to leave the inside too stark. I decided to add one more die-cut bottle, this one with a bottle cap instead of a straw.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope all your days bubble over with happiness!


No comments: