Thursday, April 26, 2018

April's Christmas card

Well, look at that! I'm ahead of schedule this month and not rushing to post my Christmas card at the last minute. I actually made these last week, but I had other things that I wanted to share first, like the sneak peeks at upcoming stamp sets. (I'll have a couple more of those coming soon!) And even though I used an older stamp set for my April Christmas cards, you will see a few other upcoming products.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Bright & Beautiful
Paper: Delightfully Detailed note cards and envelopes; Blackberry Bliss, Mint Macaron card stock; gold foil
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Mint Macaron, VersaMark
Accessories: Stars Framelits dies, gold embossing powder, gold sequins (Paper Pumpkin leftovers), Nature's Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

First of all, Mint Macaron and Blackberry Bliss will be coming back as part of Stampin' Up!'s core color lineup. Yippee! And these note cards are one of the fun new accessories available in those colors. The note cards come in a pack of twenty (five each of four designs) and are printed with a watercolor wash in either Blackberry Bliss or Mint Macaron over Very Vanilla (the inside of the cards is white).

I love using note cards, especially when I have to make a lot of cards at once. So even though I know they're not exactly your typical Christmas colors, I wanted to try using a couple of these note card designs for Christmas cards.

Using one of the images from the Bright & Beautiful stamp set, I embossed three gold stars on Mint Macaron card stock and three on Blackberry Bliss card stock. I die cut the stars and added a little twine knot to the center of each star with a Glue Dot. (The twine is another sneak peek. It will be available in a pack of four colors that also includes Crumb Cake and Grapefruit Grove.) The twine was a little too thick for what I wanted, so I pulled apart a few of the strands to make my knots.

To finish off the cards I adhered gold foil banners near the middle of the card bases and then used Dimensionals to attach the stars over the banners. I added three gold sequins and stamped "joy" in the lower right corner using the coordinating ink.

That brings my total of completed Christmas cards up to twenty-five so far. Not too shabby! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

What pretty stars! And I just love the colours too:-) The sequins are the icing on the cake, I love how you use them! You are doing really well with having already made 25 Christmas cards! I must count mine and see how many I have done - you always inspire me:-)
Raining here, so it will be a card making weekend for me - yippee!
Have a fun weekend:-)
Sunshine
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine!