Thursday, January 18, 2018

Cats, cats, bird

I'm almost through clearing out all the old projects I haven't posted yet. Tonight I have a few cards to share, and then in my next post I'll show you the projects I made with a Paper Pumpkin kit from last fall. So, on with the show!

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Basic Gray card stock; white card stock (Recollections); Neutrals Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack
Ink: Acrylic paint (unknown)
Accessories: FeLINE die (Penny Black), Large Stitched Rectangle Stackable dies (Lawn Fawn), Brick embossing folder (Taylored Expressions), Go Green sequins (Craft Medley), Coastal Cabana ruffled ribbon, gel printing plate (Gelli Arts), Dimensionals, Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter)

I made the focal images for these cards during play time at my Second Official October Craft Weekend (SOOCW). I used white card stock, acrylic paints and my gel printing plate in some combination to make the teal background piece and then I borrowed the die from my friend Lisa to cut out the adorable line of cats. I used the main image for the card on the left and the cut-out pieces to create the negative image for the card on the right. Two for one!

For both cards I matted the die cuts with gray card stock embossed with a brick texture. That seemed appropriate for these lounging felines. I used gray and white DSP for the backgrounds and embellished each card with a few sequins (and ruffled ribbon on the right-hand card).

Side note: I ended up really liking this cat die, so after figuring out who makes it, I added it to my wish list and got it for Christmas. Yippee!

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Stitched Scenes (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Old Olive, Basic Black card stock; glitter paper (Krazy Kreations)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Oxide Inks (Ranger)
Accessories: Meadow Borders dies (Lawn Fawn), Birds with Tree and Hot Air Balloon outline stickers (Krazy Kreations), clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, gel printing plate (Gelli Arts), Dimensionals

This card was another SOOCW creation. After experimenting with various acrylic paints and Distress Oxide inks, I had a whole stack of background panels ready to go. I used three of them with some outline stickers to make the bird, tree trunk and tree top for this card. (Apply the sticker to the paper and then trim around the sticker. The trickiest part was definitely the bird's tail.)

I arranged them -- along with glittery clouds and Old Olive die-cut grass -- on a layer of Soft Sky card stock to make this little scene. I mounted the panel on a Basic Black card base and added a banner with a stamped sentiment in the upper right corner.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Oh those cat cards are sooo purrfect! I love how you used the negetive after you die cut the first cats! Great idea and looks awesome!
And I love the cute bird and tree in the next card! I like the glittery clouds too:-)
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com