Friday, July 28, 2017

Hip hip hooray!

I've been busy trying to reorganize my stamps the past couple of days. It's fun, but time-consuming, and I haven't quite finished yet, so I have a quick blog post tonight. Here's a fun, festive birthday card that would work for just about anyone:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Party with Cake
Paper: Basic Black, Marina Mist, Whisper White card stock; silver glimmer paper; Subtles Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack
Ink: Marina Mist
Accessories: Party Pop-Up Thinlits dies, Dimensionals, Mono multi liquid glue

When I made my cousin's shower invitations last summer, I cut eight layers of card stock and DSP in each of nine colors. I ended up not needing the Marina Mist pieces, though, so they've been sitting around my craft room for months. I decided to use one set of the pieces to make a birthday card.

I adhered the two Marina Mist pieces to a Basic Black card base and covered the seam with a strip of silver glimmer paper. I die cut the "hip hip hooray!" piece from Basic Black card stock and glued silver glimmer paper to the back so it showed through just the letters. The I attached the piece to the card front with Dimensionals.

I had some black confetti pieces leftover from the die-cut piece on the front, so I decided to glue a few of the streamers on the inside of the card around the stamped sentiment. It's a fun little detail that connects the inside of the card to the front.




Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: