Saturday, July 22, 2017

Berry Burst Tranquil Tulips

Tulips are one of my all-time favorite flowers, and I rarely pass up a tulip stamp set. So when I saw the Tranquil Tulips hostess set in the 2017 - 18 Stampin' Up! catalog, I knew it would be at the top of my wish list. I love that the images in the set are solid, two-step images with shading built in -- it's a great set for quick, beautiful cards like this one:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Tranquil Tulips
Paper: Whisper White, Fresh Fig card stock
Ink: Fresh Fig, Berry Burst, Old Olive
Accessories: Metallics sequins, clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Fine-Tip Glue Pen

I really like the Tranquil Tulips card on page 223 of the catalog, so I used it as the inspiration for the layout of my flowers. I stamped the tulips on Whisper White card stock using Berry Burst for the petals and Fresh Fig for the stamen. I cut out the flowers by hand and used Dimensionals to attach them to a Whisper White panel stamped with Old Olive stems and leaves.

I added a few small Fresh Fig flowers and framed the bouquet by doodling a border around the the white panel with a Fresh Fig marker. I adhered the panel to a Fresh Fig card base and finished it off with some sparkle -- a little Wink of Stella on the flowers (which doesn't really show up in this photo) and a few iridescent sequins.



I'm excited to try stamping tulips in a whole rainbow of colors. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Oh wow I really like these Tulips! Pretty colour! I look forward to seeing what other colours and layouts you use!
Sunshine, New Zealand
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I love this stamp set -- I really need to stamp more tulips!