Saturday, October 14, 2023

The Magic Is in You

Whenever I see a craft supply -- stamp set, dies, washi tape, etc. -- with mushrooms, I'm drawn to it. I don't know what it is, but they're always so darn cute. So when I saw The Magic Is in You layering stencils and die from Pinkfresh Studio, I couldn't pass them by.

The stencil set comes with five layering stencils, and you use one ink color with each stencil. I don't buy a lot of layering stencils, but I like that these are small (all the images fit on a quarter sheet of card stock) and not overly detailed. Here is my first try with the stencils:

The coordinating die cuts out all the pieces -- even the little yellow dots and stars -- at one time. Unfortunately with this first try, I didn't have the stencils lined up exactly right, and those little bits are so tiny that they didn't die cut properly. But that's ok; I really wanted the main focal images. I'll try to be more accurate next time, but I also figure that if I ever want to include those little accents on a card I could just stencil them directly onto the card base.

Here is the completed card I made with the die-cut pieces. I die cut a stitched frame to coordinate with the mushroom tops and adhered that to a light-colored card base. Then I added the greenery pieces and attached the mushrooms with foam tape. (I had one piece of foliage left over, so I used that inside the card.) I stamped a sentiment in dark brown ink and finished the card with a few brown pearls.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute card Andrea! The mushrooms are just adorable! I guess you could also add white spots to make them into toadstools. Looks like a fun set to play with!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! Good idea to try adding white spots to the mushrooms!