Saturday, October 7, 2023

Gel print cards

Happy World Card-Making Day! I made a few cards today myself, but I'll be sharing them another day. The cards in today's post are ones I made last weekend, using some gel press prints from my stash.


I started with an autumn card because I wanted to use these watercolor leaves. I created the leaves a few months ago during the 2023 Fodder Challenge, but I hadn't decided what to do with them yet. I love how they look on this card, and I think the colors work really well with the gel print. I attached the leaves to the card with foam tape and added a small twine bow to the green leaf. I stamped a sentiment directly on the gel print and finished the card with several metallic sequins.

The next cards feature pieces of the same gel print. The first card has a pink watercolor leaf as the focal point, and since the leaf had black details, I used that as the accent color and added a black card stock layer, a black sentiment, and several black enamel dots. For the second card I die cut a circular "hey" sentiment out of gold and white card stock (two white, one gold) and layered them together. I love how the sentiment looks with the pattern in the gel print. I also added a layer of gold card stock behind the gel print and finished the card with a few sequins.


The last two cards are two-for-one birthday cards. I die cut the Birthday Message Cover Plate (Hero Arts) out of black card stock and glued it over a gel print. I adhered the panel to a card base and added  sequins for a little sparkle. Then I used the letters from the cover plate and glued them to another gel print for a second card. (Tip: Cut the cover plate with a piece of scratch card stock to use as a template for gluing the letters.) Of course, I had to add a few sequins for the finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG you have been busy!! Love all the different elements as well as the colours! Fabulous fun cards!
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, all of them! The color combo on the first card really caught my eye. The bold birthday cards are perfect for anyone!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine and Judy! I appreciate your comments.