Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Lil' Squatch

Today's card is one I made ages ago -- maybe a couple of years ago, I'm not even sure. I love the card, but I never shared it because the photo isn't great and has a lot of shadows. But then I thought that it kind of looks like the sun is streaming through trees, which fits with the theme of the card. At any rate, here is the card:

I made this card to send to a friend's father, who was having health problems at the time. It's not your typical get-well card, I know, but I think if I were in that situation, I would like a card that made me smile. And this little sasquatch and punny greeting definitely do that.

The main products I used on this card were the Wood Grain Planks die (Memory Box) for the background and the Lil' Squatch stamp and die sets (Ellen Hutson) for the focal images. I used colored pencils and Gamsol to color the images. I added the sentiment on a white banner and kept the embellishments simple -- just a bit of hemp twine and a small red brad in the upper left corner. 

Thanks for stopping by -- and may the forest be with you!


2 comments:

Sapphire-Rose said...

Oh I love this! I really like the background, and those toadstools are so cute! Love the sentiment too!
A very cute card that made me smile!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine!