Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Quick and easy Halloween cards

As promised in my last post, here is my second (and last) batch of Halloween cards. These are pretty clean and simple note cards -- great layouts if you still want to make some Halloween cards before next week.


(I apologize that the lighting on these photos is not good. It was getting late in the day, and the mostly white backgrounds were not cooperating.)

My starting point for all of these cards was the Simple Strips - Halloween stamp from Taylored Expressions. I stamped and die cut the strips and then chose images based on the sentiments. For "merry scary season," I chose a haunted house. I stamped the card base with the Halloween Scene background stamp (Hero Arts) and then stamped the moon over the background. I stamped the house on separate card stock then used a very small blending brush to add a little glow in a few windows. I cut out the house and attached it to the card with foam tape. I added the sentiment strip and a few gold stars to finish the card.

The "happy meow-loween" sentiment obviously needed a cat image, so I pulled out this old stamp with the shape of a cat made up of different Halloween words. I blended a bit of yellow ink on the background to give the cat a glow and added rhinestones for the eyes and a bow near it's collar. I added the sentiment strip and finished by drawing a border around the card front.


For these friendly ghosts, I went really simple. I stamped the card bases with the Halloween Scene Background and used foam tape to attach two ghosts and a sentiment strip to each card. I finished them with a few sequins for a pop of color.


For the last two cards I blended some light green ink on two white note cards. I stamped three small images that coordinated with each sentiment and punched them out with a circle punch. Then I added a little color with alcohol markers and matted them with black circles. Using foam tape, I adhered three circles and a sentiment strip to each card and finished them with sequins and a hand-drawn border.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: