Thursday, April 4, 2019

More Party Pop-Up cards

As promised in yesterday's post, I'm back to share the birthday card I made with some of the leftover pieces from my two-tone pop-up card. And I have a bonus card, too!

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Party with Cake
Paper: Coastal Cabana, Whisper White card stock; silver foil sheets; Oh My Stars Collection kit (Bella Blvd)
Ink: Coastal Cabana
Accessories: Party Pop-Up Thinlits dies, Glitter Enamel Dots, Scribble Happy Birthday dies (Poppy Stamps), Action Wobble Spring (Raisin Boat), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter)

I started with a Coastal Cabana card base (which looks a lot like Bermuda Bay in this picture) and stamped clusters of confetti and sprinkle images to create a tone-on-tone background. I added a few Glitter Enamel Dots, also Coastal Cabana, for a touch of sparkle.

For the focal image, I used the die-cut speech bubble I cut out of the insert for yesterday's card. You can see the score line down the middle of the die cut, but the patterned paper helps camouflage it a bit. I cut a piece of silver foil sheet and adhered it behind the die cut so you can see the silver through the letters and streamers. You can't tell in this picture, but I used an Action Wobble Spring to attach the speech bubble to the middle of the card base, so it wiggles and bounces around. Fun!

Inside the card I used more leftover pieces from the die cuts. (Quick tip: Keep a small dish or plastic container at your workspace so you can collect all the little pieces that come out of die-cut shapes.) I saved the letters from both the yellow and white speech bubbles, so I had plenty of letters to work with, although not a great variety. I realized that I could spell "happy" with the letters from each speech bubble, so I glued "happy happy happy" in a column down the middle of the card stock. (The third "happy" was actually from the card below.)

I needed a "birthday" after all that happy, so I die cut a script-style "birthday" out of silver foil to repeat the color combo from the front of the card. I love the combination of block and script letters. I added three little streamers to finish off the inside of the card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Party with Cake
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Party Pop-Up Thinlits dies, Birthday Wishes washi tape (Pebbles), Brights Enamel Shapes, foam tape (3M), Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal)

I was having a lot of fun with this stamp and die set, so I decided to make one more card. This time I started with a black card base and added a layer of white card stock on the front. I pulled out these coordinating rainbow washi tapes and added alternating strips to make a colorful background. (I bought these washi tapes a while ago, but this is the first time I had used them. I have to say that I love them! The colors are so bright and bold.)

I stamped the sentiment on white card stock, matted it with black and attached it to the card front with Dimensionals. A few turquoise enamel dots were the perfect embellishment.


I kept the inside of the card pretty clean. I cut the insert from white card stock, leaving a 1/4" border of black card stock visible on each side. (I love how the black shows through the cut-out letters, so it mimics the look of the stamped sentiment on the front of the card.) I added a piece of the rainbow striped washi tape on the left and right sides of the insert and stamped a sentiment below the speech bubble. I love how this card turned out, and I think it's my favorite one of all three!

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: