Saturday, November 17, 2018

His and hers birthday

I still have a backlog of birthday cards to share, so here are two cards featuring die-cut focal images -- one masculine and one feminine.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Birthday Backgrounds, coasters kit (Hero Arts)
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip card stock; gold foil paper
Ink: Real Red, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Hipster Icon dies (Hero Arts), metallic washi tape (Handmade Modern), Dimensionals

I kept this card fairly simple, since guys don't usually want anything too frou-frou. For the focal image, I adhered the die cuts to a stitched oval and added the sentiment on a banner at the bottom of the oval. The whole piece is attached to the card base with Dimensionals.

I stamped streamers using Real Red ink on the Real Red card base to create a subtle but festive tone-on-tone background. And I added a little shine with a gold beer mug and a strip of gold washi tape along the bottom of the card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Crumb Cake, Powder Pink card stock; scrapbook pocket cards (Close to My Heart)
Ink: Soft Suede
Accessories: Teacup Stack die (Poppy Stamps), crochet trim, corner rounder, pearls, delicate white doilies, Dimensionals

This shabby chic card is definitely on the frou-frou side. For the background I used a card made for pocket-style scrapbooking. I love the soft pink flowers on the blue background. I rounded the corners of the card and sponged the edges to create an aged look.

For the focal layer, I used a second scrapbooking card -- one with a light background and very subtle pattern. I cut it into a wide strip and sponged the edges. I added the die-cut teacups, a stamped sentiment and a bit of crochet trim to the strip and then adhered it to the card base with Dimensionals. A white paper doily and a few pearls finish off this feminine card.



Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Sunshine. said...

What a fun masculine card! I like the gold beer mug, it gives the card a bit of "glitz" without being feminine!
And I just love the tea cup card! So soft and pretty:-) The colours are just gorjuss and the pearls just blend in nicely too! Love this card:-)
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Can't thank you enough for the great ideas! You know I'm always a fan of cards for guys - and I even have those Hipster dies - so I'm totally inspired now. And the feminine card has me thinking I could possibly use fabric strips instead of paper (I have a fabric stash as well as a paper craft stash). Again - thanks for sharing your cards and for the great ideas.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine!

Andrea said...

Thank you! You should definitely try using some fabric on cards!