Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!

Usually on Thanksgiving, we head to one of our cousin's houses to have a big meal with all the extended family and lots of children running around. This year my immediate family is having a quiet dinner at our house, and we may visit with the extended family for dessert later in the day. I'm sure tonight and tomorrow morning we'll be busy cleaning and cooking, so I decided to share my Thanksgiving post a day early so I don't forget it completely.

I don't send out too many cards for Thanksgiving because I'm usually already swamped with Christmas projects, but I did make a few this year. I used the fall-themed cards I shared in previous posts ("Happy fall!" and "Fall is coming") for most of them (although it seems like we're about a month into winter already), but I do have one more card to share:

Supplies:
Stamps: Thankful Harvest (Impression Obsession), Thankful (Raisin Boat)
Paper: Very Vanilla card stock (Stampin' Up!), mustard and brown card stock (unknown)
Ink: Chocolate Chip for the wreath and leaves (Stampin' Up!), various shades of brown and yellow for sentiment (unknown)
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits dies, gold baker's twine, burlap ribbon, Hello Honey striped ribbon, Dimensionals (all Stampin' Up!); mini pearls (Doodlebug Designs Inc)

I apologize that my supply list isn't very specific for some items. This card started as a make-and-take project from one of the stamp shows I went to over the summer. Specifically, the cream base, brown layer and yellow strip stamped with the sentiment were from the original project. There was a focal image on the card, too, but when I got home I decided I wasn't crazy about it. So I very carefully pulled it off the card and thought about how else I could use the base and background.

First I stamped some leaves on the brown card stock using Chocolate Chip ink to add some visual interest. Then I stamped a twig wreath on Very Vanilla card stock and die cut it with a stitched circle die. I added a bow with baker's twine and yellow pearl "berries". To add a little more texture I added a piece of burlap trim and a piece of striped ribbon behind the wreath before attaching it to the card base with Dimensionals. I really liked how this altered card turned out.

Whether or not you are celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, I wish you a day filled with peace, happiness and blessings. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine. said...

Happy Thanksgiving Andrea! I like the wreath and the cute little yellow pearls! The Chocolate Chip ink is a really nice colour, and I like the wreath stamped in that colour! I like how the pearls match the mustard coloured card, and the Hello Honey striped ribbon. Pretty card!
Hope you and your family have a fun Thanksgiving:-)
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com