Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sneak peek: Varied Vases

When I first paged through the upcoming 2018 - 19 Stampin' Up! catalog, one of the sets that I immediately liked was Varied Vases. The photopolymer set contains three different vases each in different styles (outline, solid and patterned images), various flowers (with outline and solid images), decorative scallop edges and several sentiments. There is even punch that coordinates with the stamp set.

I was excited to find that this bundle was one of the items we could preorder, and I had a chance to play with mine last week.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Varied Vases
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana
Accessories: White polka dot tulle ribbon, pearls, Dimensionals

For my first card I wanted to use black and white with a pop of color from the flowers. I love the end result.

I stamped one of the scallop images on a panel on Whisper White card stock to act as a "table." Then, using the outline images, I stamped three vases along the edge and added three different flowers inside the vases. Using the solid, fill-in images for the flowers I added Poppy Parade (returning to the core color line-up!), Daffodil Delight and Coastal Cabana (another returning color). I finished the stamping with a birthday sentiment in the upper right corner.

I used Dimensionals to attach the stamped panel to the upper portion of a Basic Black card base. Around the bottom portion of the card front I tied a piece of white polka dot tulle ribbon (another sneak peek). I also placed a tiny pearl in the center of each blue flower.

I didn't take a picture of the inside of the card, but I stamped another sentiment from the set -- "Hoping your day blooms with happiness!" -- and added one vase with flowers.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Varied Vases
Paper: Pool Party, Blueberry Bushel, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Pool Party, Blueberry Bushel, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive
Accessories: Vases Builder punch, Layering Circles and Stitched Shapes Framelits dies, Pinewood Planks embossing folder, rhinestones, Dimensionals

I love the color combination of blue and yellow, so that's what I decided to use for my next card. I stamped two of the patterned vases with Blueberry Bushel ink (a new In Color) and one with Pool Party and punched them out with the coordinating punch. I adhered the two dark blue vases onto a Whisper White die-cut circle and then stamped a stem and leaf between them using Old Olive ink. Using Dimensionals, I attached the third vase so the stem is coming out of the vase and then added a stamped and punched-out yellow tulip. Tulips are my favorite, and this little pop of yellow makes me smile.

I adhered the completed focal image to a Blueberry Bushel scalloped circle and attached that to a Pool Party card base embossed with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder. (This picture is a little wonky, so it looks like the embossing is crooked. But in person it's all good.) I wanted to add a sentiment, so I stamped a greeting from the set on white card stock, cut it into a banner and added it along the right edge near the bottom of the card. I finished everything off with three rhinestones.

I hope you have a great week, and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

Love the dotty tulle on the 1st card! I love the flowers with the tiny pearls in the center!
Yummm, I like that colour "Blueberry Bushel"! I like how the vases look great either stamped and coloured, or just see through! Both ways look fabulous! The embossed background looks great on the second card:-) Once again, I can;t pick a favourite because I like them both!
Well done:-)
Sunshine.
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It looks like there are a lot of possibilities with this set. Always fun to anticipate the new goodies in a new catalog!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine and Judy! It’s definitely a fun bundle of products. 😀