Monday, May 6, 2024

April Christmas cards: modern merry

I’m not sure how April got away from me, but somehow I managed to miss making and posting my Christmas cards for the month. Oops! Over the weekend I sat down to make them, and without further ado, here they are:

This design is a little different from what I usually make, and to be honest, it’s not my favorite. I originally wanted to use white card bases with the white die-cut layer, but I had pre-cut black card bases on hand, so I used those instead. The result just wasn’t what I pictured in my head. But I still made 10 of them because I needed to get them done.

On to the details. These are mini slimline cards (3-1/2” x 6”), and the precut black card bases, which I splattered with gold watercolor, are from Taylored Expressions. I used the Mini Slim Half Dots Cutting Plate (Taylored Expressions) to create the white layers, and I glued one to each card base. I also used the cutting plate with a piece of red foil card stock to get the half-circle pieces for the ornaments.

I cut out the sentiment using the Merry die (Concord & 9th). For each card I cut out the word three times: twice out of white card stock and once out of red foil. I glued the die cuts together and then glued them to the card base. I glued two red foil half circles in one of the openings and added a gold bow at the top to make it look more like an ornament. I finished the cards with a few gold sequins.

That's April Christmas cards done. Whew! And I also made my May Christmas cards over the weekend, so those won't be late. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! These are cool Andrea! It took me a minute or two to see how you had made them! I love how you've made the Christmas Baubles out of the circles, very creative! The gold sequins just finish off the cards - well done! I am sure the recipients will love them!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine!