Saturday, April 6, 2024

Two gel print cards

I have a quick post tonight to share two cards I made with gel prints from my last gel print session.


This is a 5" x 7" card, rather than a standard A2-sized card. I loved the way this gel print turned out, and I didn't want cut it down. I did trim it to about 4-3/4" x 5-3/4" and matted it with a 5" x 6" piece of black card stock. I adhered the panel to the kraft card base, lining up the top and bottom edges and centering the panel from right to left.

I wanted to add a little detail, so I used a white paint pen to doodle a border around the edge of the gel print and a loopy line on the empty edges of the card base. I used foam tape to add a sentiment strip, and finished off with a handful of clear droplets.


This is the only Easter card I made this year. And I actually made it back in January to include in a set of cards I was giving as a gift. I used a stitched rectangle die to cut the gel print and then layered it on a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of white woodgrain textured card stock. That panel was attached to a white card base.

I die cut the words "hope" and "love" from silver card stock and glued them to the gel print between the words that were part of the gel print. I cut a silver doily into small pieces and glued a piece to the lower right and upper left corners of the gel print. Two small punched yellow flowers add a pop of color on the cross image, and a scattering of mini pearls finish the card. 

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great Andea! I like the different colours on the first gel print card. I like how you placed the die cut words on the second card, and how it reads! Very clever!
Have a fab week!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! The colors on the first print reminded me of a sunset, so I thought the bird silhouettes were fitting.