Saturday, April 13, 2024

Time to Party

I always seem to be in need of birthday cards. I don't usually make specific birthday cards for specific people, so I like to have a nice variety in my stash to choose a good card for each recipient. So the Time to Party stamp set (from Simon Says Stamp) was perfect for creating a few fun cards.


For the first two cards I focused on masculine color combos. I often turn to shades of blue, orange, and green when I make cards for guys. They can be earthy, vintage, or, in the case of these cards, fun and vibrant. On the first card, I scored a panel of white card stock in half each direction and then stamped a main image and confetti/star images in each quadrant. With the second card, I stamped polka-dot party hats all over a white panel and filled in the white space with little stars. Both panels are layered on blue card bases, have a word bubble sentiment, and are finished with a few sequins.


For the next card I wanted to make a balloon rainbow. This is a really clean and simple card and, I think, pretty self explanatory. I will mention that I used a few more sequins than I usually would -- two or three of them are covering up little ink smudges. Mistakes are just opportunities for embellishment, right? :)


For the last card I focused on sweet treats. I stamped and die cut a cupcake and an ice cream cone from the stamp set ... and then I didn't know what to do with them. I played around with several different layouts before finally settling on this one. I used a white die-cut frame on a dark pink card base to set off a "Happy Birthday" die-cut sentiment (from Gina K Designs). Then I placed the cupcake and ice cream cone in opposite corners and finished the card with a few blue sequins.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so bright and cheerful! I like the one with all the balloons on, but they are all great cards! You've been busy!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Sunshine!