Saturday, March 30, 2024

March Christmas cards: Christmas mice

Goodness, my blog posts have been few and far between this month. But I did manage to finish my March Christmas cards -- just in time to post them before the month ends.

This month I used the Wonderful Time stamp set from Colorado Craft Company. I love the adorable illustrations by Anita Jeram, and this is the first set I've bought with her designs. I chose a simple layout -- just the main focal image and a sentiment -- because I didn't want to distract from these little mice decorating their Christmas tree. 

I don't love coloring the same image multiple times, so I only made eight cards of this design. I intended to make them all in horizontal orientation, but I goofed and stamped one of the inside panels vertically. Instead of throwing away that piece, I made two of the cards vertical -- and I think both layouts work.

I used Prismacolor pencils to color the images. I didn't do anything fancy with my coloring -- just some shading and a little color layering. I die cut the panels with a stitched rectangle die and adhered them to red card bases. For embellishment I placed a small twine bow on the base of the tree and added three sparkling clear sequins. 

The stamp set also included a couple of smaller images, so I decided to use one of them inside the cards along with a sentiment. I cut these panels out with the same stitched rectangle die so they coordinate with the front panels.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! These mice are so darn cute! I love them! Both orientations work, but I think I like the horizontal one best, but that's just my preference! Love all the colours too!
Gosh I haven't even thought about Christmas yet, let alone make any Christmas cards, lol!
Great cards Andrea!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I prefer the horizontal layout, too, but I was glad the vertical layout worked so I could still use my oopsie piece.