Sunday, July 17, 2022

A little pet parade

 I've got a quick post today with a few cards featuring some cute pets - cats, dogs, and even a little parrot.

I used the April 2021 My Monthly Hero kit from Hero Arts to make this card. The kit included a stamp set and a few geometric stencils, and I used one of the stencils to make the background. The stencil has rows of quarter circles, and you can rotate the stencils to add more. I ink blended two colors (orange and kraft) for the first pass, alternating the color for each row of quarter circles. Then I rotated the stencil and ink blended with navy and olive, again alternating the color for each row. I trimmed the panel and added it to a white card base.

I added a die-cut wood-style frame (also Hero Arts, but not part of the kit) and two stamped and die-cut images. I debated the sentiment on this card because I wanted to use it as a Father's Day card for my uncle. But I thought the "hello" worked well since the cat and dog are looking at each other, so I just wrote a happy Father's Day message on the inside of the card.

I made this card ages ago but never got around to posting it. Better late than never! I stamped and embossed the images (from the Oh My Whiskers set by Honey Bee Stamps) on watercolor paper, colored them with, I think, ZIG Clean Color Real Brush watercolor markers, and then cut them out with the coordinating dies.

For the card base, I lightly ink blended a polka dot background using the same color ink and drew a simple border. I added the images with foam tape, glued on a little twine bow, and stamped the sentiment along the bottom of the card. (The sentiment is from the Purrrfect Sentiments set, also by Honey Bee Stamps.)

Here's another older card that's been waiting to be posted. Oops! For this card I started by die cutting a card stock panel with the Speech Bubble Backdrop die from Lawn Fawn. I used an embossing mat, so the speech bubbles were embossed instead of being cut out. Then I used the Critter Chatter stamp set to stamp a word in each bubble, using the same color ink as the card stock. (I need to try this die for a birthday card. It would be fun to fill the speech bubbles with all different birthday sentiments.) I attached the panel to a white card base.

The little critters and focal speech bubble are from the Say What? Pets stamp set (both stamp sets are also from Lawn Fawn). I stamped the images on white card stock, colored them with alcohol markers, and cut them out with the coordinating dies. I used foam tape to attach the images near the bottom of the card base.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG what a nice surprise to see you have posted some new cards this morning! I always check your blog in the morning when I get up. I am sitting here with a nice hot cup of tea, looking at your beautiful cat cards. Well, ok so they have some other cute animals on them too, but being a cat lover I noticed the cats first! they are all awesome card, but I think my fave is the last one, with all the (dry) embossed speech bubbles! Very clever idea, and it looks great! I hope you are enjoying some lovely Summer weather, at least you don't have to shovel snow! Happy crafting:-)
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of any kind of card or craft that features pets and animals! These cover all bases from the modern feel of the first to the cute style of the second and the whimsical feeling of the third.
They are all wonderful.
Judy