Friday, June 17, 2022

A few cards with flowers

Before I post my June Christmas cards (which are already done - yay!) I decided I should share something a little more seasonal, so here are a few cards featuring a variety of flowers.

The background and flowers on this card are images from the Flowing Florals from Gina K Designs. The background is actually one corner-style image that I stamped four times. For the colored flowers, I inked the stamps with yellow ink and then tapped a light orange ink spot on the flower centers and tips of the petals to create a two-toned look. I did the same with two shades of green for the leaves. After everything was stamped, I used a white paint pen to add tiny dots and lines on all the images (background and flowers) for a different look.

Here is a picture of the inside of the card; I had a couple of extra flowers and didn't want to waste them. Also, this is a large card (about 6" x 6"), so I made my own envelope with the Envelope Punch Board. I used a lightweight brown paper bag and decorated it with some patterned paper and punched flowers. I didn't get a photo, but it was a fun way to upcycle a plain bag!

I put these two cards together using a bunch of bits and pieces from my unfinished pieces stash -- you know, the shapes you die cut or backgrounds you stamp that end up not working for their intended projects, so you save them for something else. I put all those odds and ends in various plastic boxes (the old clamshell-style cases that Stampin' Up! used to use are great), and sometimes it's a fun challenge to pull them out and see what I can create.

This one is a very clean and simple sympathy card. I used a two-step tulip stamp set and sentiment strips for the focal point. To add interest to the background, I splattered yellow ink and rubbed a brown ink pad along the edges of the card front. Two simple enamel dots in the lower right corner finish off the card.

Here are two more sympathy cards (I needed a few when I made these last fall). These cards were also made with some pieces from my unfinished stash. I realize that the images are not technically flowers, but I think they're close enough to include them in this post. You could easily switch out these images and use flowers instead.

I'm trying to decide if I should go back to listing supplies for my cards and projects. I do enjoy not having to keep track of that when I'm creating a card. And I often use retired supplies that can no longer be purchased anyway. But it feels kind of incomplete to just have the pictures. If you have a preference either way, I'd love you to leave a comment and let me know!

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Sunshine. said...

Great cards Andrea! I like the first one with the yellow flowers, so pretty! You asked about if you should list all your supplies used for each card. Personally for me, if I see something I like on your cards, I will ask you what company it was from. On the other hand, it is nice to read where they are from, on your post. It really comes down to what YOU feel comfortable doing. Don't feel pressured by anyone else. If you feel like putting the details of what items you have used on one post, and not another, then do that! Like I say at the end of my posts..."Always be your authentic self..." Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

All wonderful. I like the square format of the first as a change from the regular sizes. Sympathy cards can be challenging - the ones you show are so nice. Reserved, but not stark or plain. Thanks for the ideas.
About supplies - fine either way. As Sunshine says - Be You! If there is something that really catches my eye, I know that you do read comments and will help.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks for your feedback, Sunshine and Judy. And as always, thanks for your encouraging comments!