Sunday, February 27, 2022

February Christmas cards: Merry gel prints

As promised, I'm back with some cards using gel prints, this time for my batch of February Christmas cards.

 

These are definitely non-traditional Christmas cards, but I think they're fun. I looked through my stack of gel prints and chose four that had wintery (blue, purple) or Christmas (red, green) colors. I trimmed off the extra paper from each gel print and cut them in half. Then I chose card stock that coordinated with each gel print for the card bases: Blue Raspberry (Gina K Designs), Call Me Clover, Poppy Parade, and Gorgeous Grape (Stampin' Up!). I adhered each gel print 3/4" above the bottom edge of a card base.

Using the Snowflake Soiree stamp and die set (The Greetery) and the same ink colors as the card stock, I stamped small snowflakes along the top and in the bottom right corner of each card base. I die cut large white snowflakes and adhered two to each card. For the sentiment, I die cut four "Be  Merry"s out of white card stock. I used the positive die cut, the skinny letters, on the red and green cards and the negative die cuts, the outline pieces, on the blue and purple cards. (The blue and purple gel prints had white paint in them, so the bold outline pieces stood out more than the narrow letters.) To finish off the cards I added a bunch of sparkling clear sequins.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This set looks great! For some reason, until I read the post, it didn't register that you'd used the positive and negative parts of the sentiment die! I rarely remember to use the "other" part of a die cut...a good reminder.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! I don't often use the negative die-cut pieces myself, but they happened to work great for these cards,