Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Gnome card set

A few months ago a friend asked me if I could make a gnome-themed card set for her, and my answer was of course! I knew immediately that I wanted to use the adorable gnome stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn, and here is what I created:

Supplies:
Stamps: Oh Gnome! (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Gray, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Granny Apple Green card stock; Crumb Cake note cards and envelopes (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up!); alcohol markers - Real Red, So Saffron, Night of Navy, Granny Apple Green, Bronze, Ivory, Blush (Stampin' Up! Blends/Blendabilities); W1, W3 (Copic)
Accessories: Oh Gnome and Mushroom House dies (Lawn Fawn), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!), Glue Dots (Stampin' Up!)

Aren't they cute? I love the little mushroom house with its chimney and all the other details. And it was the perfect size for this card set.

Because I was making a set of these cards -- and because I'm not a great color-er --  I wanted a layout that didn't have too much coloring. So I used the Oh Gnome stamp set for just the gnomes and sentiments and then die cut colored card stock for the rest of the layout.

In some ways all the die-cutting is probably just as time-consuming as coloring, since you have to cut multiples and then glue everything together. But for me there's less chance of messing it up, and if I do, it's easy to just cut a new piece. It's so aggravating to spend time coloring an image and then do something silly like go outside the lines or make a stray mark.

For the details on the mushroom house I added a door and window (with light yellow card stock behind to make it look like a cozy lit-up house), some grass with a couple of red tulips, a hanging lantern, and a chimney. I also used Glossy Accents to fill in the white circles on the mushroom top to add a little shine since I didn't use any other embellishments.

 
I stamped, colored, and cut out six gnomes: three girls and three boys. I assembled the mushroom houses, added a gnome to each, and adhered them to the Crumb Cake note card bases, leaving space at the bottom for the sentiment. I chose three sentiments and stamped each one on two cards, making sure there is a boy gnome and girl gnome for each sentiment.

Inside the cards I added a panel of white card stock stamped with two mushrooms. I even stamped a gnome sitting on a mushroom on the front of the envelopes!

Thanks for stopping by today!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great set! Love the extra touches - like the glossy accents and the gnome on the envelope.
Judy

Sunshine. said...

OMG these are soooooo cute!! I love Gnomes:-) I love the mushroom houses and all the little details, such as the yellow card behind the door and window making it look warm and cozy!
There's a lot of work in the Andrea, and you have done and awesome job! The sentiments are great too! I think they look great done on a Crumb Cake background instead of white. Just love these cards!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thank you, Judy! :)

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I use these Crumb Cake note cards sparingly because Stampin' Up! doesn't sell them anymore, but I knew they would be perfect for these cards.