Thursday, August 20, 2020

Rooting for You card set

I haven't posted a card set in awhile (probably because I haven't made many recently), so for today's post I'm sharing a set of cards I made as a birthday gift for a friend. (I apologize in advance that the photos aren't great. I had to take them later in the day, and my lighting is not the best.)

Supplies:
Stamps: Rooting for You (Concord & 9th)
Paper: Whisper White, thick Whisper White card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow, So Saffron, Pool Party, Calypso Coral (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Rooting for You dies (Concord & 9th), Subtles Candy Dots (Stampin' Up!), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

I realize that I forgot to take a picture of the full card set. I made six cards total, two of each of the different letter board signs with a variety of plants and planters.

This stamp set was so much fun to play with. Each plant and planter is two stamps: one for the outline and one for the fill-in color. So I just took a piece of white card stock and stamped a whole mess of the four plant outlines and the four planter outlines using black ink. Then I chose two greens for the plants and three colors for the planters and stamped the fill-in images. I also stamped the six letter board signs, using a different frame color for each type of sign.

Once everything was stamped, I used the coordinating dies to cut out all of the pieces. Then I put together the plants and planters, adhering them with a little drop of liquid glue.

For each card base I used a piece of thick Whisper White card stock. (I cut and scored my card stock so the fold is at the top of the card. I'm not sure why I prefer this, but I almost always design my cards this way.) I stamped the single shelf slightly below the middle of the card and then added the letter board and plants using foam tape. The bottom of the card seemed too empty, so I added two Candy Dots in the lower right corner (I chose the color to coordinate with the letter board sign).

Supplies:
Stamps: Rooting for You (Concord & 9th), Tiny Words Birthday (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow, So Saffron, Pool Party, Calypso Coral (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Rooting for You dies (Concord & 9th), Simple Strips die (Taylored Expressions), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

When I was done assembling the card set, I had enough little plants left over to make one more card. I used a Crumb Cake card base and added a row of plants, placing some of them slightly higher or lower and using foam tape on a couple to create more dimension. I added a stamped sentiment on a strip of white card stock and finished the card with a few of my favorite sequins.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards! Your friend will be so pleased. Febe

Andrea said...

Aw, thanks, Febe!