Saturday, September 21, 2019

Shabby chic pair

Even though I love to make clean and simple cards, sometimes it's fun to create something a little more elaborate. In the case of these two feminine birthday cards, I went for a vintage, shabby chic feel.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Birthday Blessings (Gina K Designs)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Powder Pink card stock
Ink: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Powder Pink, VersaMark
Accessories: Frame in Frame 2 Cutting Plate (Taylored Expressions), gold metallic thread, gold Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, Share What You Love Artisan Pearls, Deco Labels dies, gold embossing powder, Dimensionals

I used the Birthday Blessings stamp set from Gina K Designs for these cards. To make the backgrounds, I chose four images from the set and, using a different color ink for each image, I stamped them several times on a half-sheet of Very Vanilla card stock. Then I added some gold spatter and cut the sheet in two pieces.

For this card I layered the stamped piece behind a Crumb Cake scalloped frame and adhered the panel to a Powder Pink card base. I stamped and embossed the sentiment with gold on Very Vanilla card stock and die cut it. I looped some gold thread behind the sentiment and then attached it to the stamped panel with Dimensionals. Three pink pearls were the perfect finishing touch.



Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Birthday Blessings (Gina K Designs)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Powder Pink card stock
Ink: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Powder Pink, VersaMark
Accessories: Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies (Lawn Fawn), Deco Labels dies, linen thread, Gold Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, Share What You Love Artisan Pearls, gold embossing powder, sponge, Dimensionals

I used many of the same supplies for this card, but I gave it a little more of a distressed look by sponging the edges of the stamped layer, the die-cut sentiment and the card base with Crumb Cake ink.

Instead of framing the stamped panel on this card, I die cut it with a stitched rectangle die. I wrapped linen thread around the bottom of the panel three times and adhered the ends to the back of the card stock. Using Dimensionals, I attached the die-cut sentiment over the twine.
I attached that whole panel to a layer of Crumb Cake card stock and then mounted that on the card base. Again, I finished off the card with three little pink pearls.


Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Sunshine. said...

oh gosh, these are so pretty! I just love that Crumb Cake colour! Its such a soft delicate colour! I like how you stamped the background to look like DSP! I thought it was DSP until I read the post! The colours all blend in with each other nicely. Well done:)
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine!