Friday, August 16, 2019

Sneak peek: Snow Front

If you are a fan of the scene-building stamp set Waterfront from Stampin' Up!, then you will definitely love its winter counterpart, Snow Front, which will be available in the upcoming 2019 Holiday Catalog.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Snow Front, Hardwood
Paper: Cajun Craze, Pool Party, Very Vanilla
Ink: Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Pool Party
Accessories: Layering Squares dies, Stitched Shapes dies, braided linen trim, Neutrals Candy Dots, foam tape (3M)

There are so many different cozy winter scenes you could create with this stamp set, but when I sat down to try it out, I decided to make a couple of autumn-themed cards instead.

For the first card, I started my scene by stamping a stream, a small grassy hill, and a cluster of three trees. One of the stamps in the set is a cluster of small dots; I assumed it was meant to be snow, but it works perfectly as leaves for the bare trees. I stamped the image two or three times before re-inking to create depth of color and fill out the trees. Finally I added the two little deer by the stream. I cut out the scene with a stitched square die and matted it with a Pool Party scalloped square.

For the rest of the card, I stamped a Cajun Craze card base with the Hardwood background stamp. I cut three strips of linen braided trim, unraveled the ends, and adhered them slightly above the middle of the card front. I attached the focal image over the trim using foam tape and added two brown Candy Dots in the lower right corner.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Snow Front, Check You Out
Paper: Very Vanilla, thick Very Vanilla, Soft Suede card stock
Ink: Pool Party, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze
Accessories: Pinewood Planks embossing folder, Stitched Nested Labels dies, burlap ribbon, clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen

For the second scene I stamped a pond instead of a stream and placed the deer on the grassy hill under one large tree. I also painted the pond with my clear Wink of Stella pen to give it a little sparkle, but I couldn't quite capture it with the camera. I used Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze together -- again stamping multiple times before re-inking -- to create the leaves on the tree. I also added a small sentiment to my scene and die cut it with the largest Stitched Nested Labels die.

For the card base I used thick Very Vanilla card stock and added a layer of Soft Suede embossed with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder. I wrapped a piece of burlap ribbon around the top of the embossed panel before adhering it to the card. I trimmed off the top point of the die-cut focal panel and adhered it just under the burlap ribbon.

I love the versatility of these scene-building stamp sets, and I hope new ones keep coming! Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: