Thursday, March 16, 2017

A couple of tasty trucks

I typically don't do a lot of coloring when I'm making cards -- it just seems to take so much time -- but sometimes there are images that just need to be colored. So that's what I did with these two Tasty Trucks cards:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Tasty Trucks
Paper: 110-lb Solar White (Neenah Paper)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, colored pencils and blending pencil (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Adorning Accents embossing folder, magenta sequins (unknown), clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, Glue Dots

I don't know how many purple food trucks are out there, but purple is the favorite color of little girl who will be receiving this card, so purple it is. I stamped the truck and its accessories directly on the white card base and then colored them with colored pencils. I added a little sparkle with a few magenta sequins, and an embossed scallop along the bottom creates just a bit of texture.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Tasty Trucks
Paper: 110-lb Solar White card stock (Neenah Paper), Tangerine Tango card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tangerine Tango, colored pencils and blending pencil (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Blue sequins (Craft Medley), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Glue Dots, Dimensionals

I decided to go a little more masculine for the second card. I used a Tangerine Tango card base this time, and I stamped the truck image repeatedly across the front of the card.

For the focal image I stamped the truck on white card stock and colored it with colored pencils. I rounded two opposite corners of the white card stock and attached it to the card base with Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment on a small scrap of white card stock and adhered it to the card base so it's tucked under the focal layer. I finished the card with three blue sequins. (I'm pretty sure everything is better with sequins.)

If you don't have the Tasty Trucks stamp set yet, you have until March 31, 2017, to earn it through Sale-A-Bration by spending at least $50  (before tax and S&H). Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Jan Hoyt/inkerzaway said...

such a cute card, Andrea.....I especially love how you did the unique corner rounding on the white card layer! And BIG kudos to you for blogging and having fun with it!