Saturday, October 8, 2016

Thoughtful Branches for fall

When Stampin' Up! introduced the limited-time Thoughtful Branches stamp set and die bundle last summer, I couldn't decide if I should buy it. It was on my list, and then off. Multiple times. But I saw so many beautiful cards online using the set that I finally caved and bought it. And then it sat in my craft room for weeks while I was busy with other projects.

Last week I had a chance to ink up the stamps to make this fall card:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Thoughtful Branches
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla card stock; Perfectly Plaid Fall petite paper stack (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry
Accessories: Linen thread, sequins - Box of Chocolate assortment (Craft Medley), sponge, Dimensionals

I used another new product -- the Perfectly Plaid Fall petite paper stack -- for the background on my card, adhering a piece to a Chocolate Chip card base. I chose my color palette from the plaid paper, first stamping the tree trunks, ground and sentiment using Chocolate Chip ink on Very Vanilla card stock. Then I stamped the tree tops with Real Red, Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie. For each tree I stamped the leaves twice without re-inking the stamp to make them look a little fuller.

I sponged the edges of the focal layer with Chocolate Chip ink and wrapped linen thread around the panel, tying it off in a bow. I added three sequins to the panel and adhered it to the card base with Dimensionals.

Inside I used another piece of Very Vanilla card stock. I stamped the sentiment and a few falling leaves in the same colors as the front of the card. Behind the panel I adhered a matching strip of patterned paper. (The pad is 6" x 6", so this strip was just leftover from trimming a piece to fit the card front.)

I really like this finished card, and I'm glad I decided to buy the Thoughtful Branches bundle. I have yet to use the dies, but I know I'm sure I'll enjoy them as much as the stamps.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: