Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Jump for joy

Last Saturday, October 1, was World Card Making Day. My day, however, was taken up with work and then a fun dinner-and-a-movie evening with my sister and a friend. So I had my own card-making day on Sunday. I had fun working on some autumn cards, and the first one I made was a birthday card for my sister.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Jump for Joy (Lawn Fawn), On Your Birthday
Paper: Early Espresso, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow, Marina Mist, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Early Espresso, colored pencils and blender pencil (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Jump for Joy Lawn Cuts dies (Lawn Fawn), Grassy Border Lawn Cuts die (Lawn Fawn), clear and gold Wink of Stella glitter brush pens, copper cord (unknown), sequins - Box of Chocolate assortment (Craft Medley), Glue Dots, Dimensionals

My sister loves hedgehogs, so this seemed like a great card for her. I stamped the images with Early Espresso ink on white card stock and then colored them with colored pencils. I die cut the images and a grassy border and assembled the pieces in a little scene. I wanted to add some sparkle, so I colored the yellow and orange leaves, as well as the owl's beak and feet, with Wink of Stella glitter brush pens and added three coppery sequins.

I stamped an Early Espresso card base with one of the leaf images and wrapped copper cord around the right side of the card front. I adhered the focal panel to the center of the base with Dimensionals.

Inside the card I stamped a birthday sentiment and several bunches of leaves. I had intended to just stamp the leaves directly on the white layer. Unfortunately, I smeared one of the images, so I decided to cover it up with a die-cut leaf. Since I didn't want that single leaf to stand out, I die cut several leaves and mixed them in with leaves stamped on the white layer. As the saying goes, there are no mistakes, only opportunities for embellishment.

I'll be sharing a few more fall cards later this week. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: