We've been stuck in a patch of rainy weather this week. I don't mind the rain at all, especially when it means I don't have to water the garden. Unfortunately, we don't have the garden planted yet. Ugh. So this morning in the very overcast but (for the moment) dry weather, my sister planted the flowers in the little garden by the alley, while I focused on pulling weeds (and weeds and weeds) in the vegetable garden. We had just finished one round of tilling when the rain started again. Sigh. Guess we'll be out again tomorrow. Once everything is planted I'll post a few pictures, but for now I hope you enjoy this birthday card:
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Bring on the Cake
Paper: Basic Gray, Very Vanilla card stock; This and That Epic Day Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: Silver library clip, twine (unknown), Banner punch, foam dots (unknown), 1/8" Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal), Rose GOld Deco Foil (ThermoWeb), sponge, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, paper-piercing tool and mat
I like this "wish big" image -- I think it works well for masculine cards -- but it can be a challenge for me to figure out how to use it. For this layout I started with three pieces of patterned paper, all from the This and That Epic Day pack. I used a different width for each piece and adhered them on the Basic Gray card base so they covered the card from top to bottom but left a strip of the gray card stock showing on each side.
To add a horizontal element, I pierced two rows of holes along the bottom of the card front. Just above the piercing I added a strip of 1/8" Scor-Tape and covered it with Deco Foil for a little shine and contrast to the weathered look of the paper.
For the focal point I stamped the image in Basic Gray on Very Vanilla card stock and then sponged the edges of the card stock. I punched a small banner shape from another piece of DSP and then cut and un-twisted a small piece of twine. Using a library clip I attached the banner to the back of the focal panel and the twine to the front. I used thick foam dots to attach the panel to the card at an angle.
I don't know about you, but I'm wishing for a dry day tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!