Sunday, May 15, 2016

Better late than never for Botanicals for You

I intended to write this blog post last night and then completely forgot about it until this morning. But better late than never, right? Actually, that sentiment also could apply to the card I'm going to share. I got the Botanicals for You stamp set during Sale-A-Bration, probably about three months ago, but I hadn't used it until I made this card recently:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Botanicals for You
Paper: 110-lb white card stock (Recollections)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Watermelon Wonder, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Cucumber Crush
Accessories: Pearls, Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen, corner rounder, Dimensionals

I should have put this stamp set to use sooner. The large, bold sentiment and various flower and leaf images make it so easy to create a quick clean and simple card perfect for any number of occasions.

For this card I stamped the large sentiment in the center of the card using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Then I stamped a few flower groupings using a different color for each size of flower (small - Pumpkin Pie, medium - Daffodil Delight, large - Real Red). I added the greenery images and placed a pearl in the center of one flower in each grouping. I also painted some of the flowers with a Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen, although it's hard to see in the picture.

I stamped the second, smaller part of the sentiment on a separate strip of white card stock. (I chose "on your special day" because this was a birthday card, but I love that you can choose several different options or even just omit the second part of the sentiment.) I trimmed the left side into banner points and adhered it to the card front with Dimensionals, making sure the right edge was aligned with the right side of the card. For one final touch I rounded the upper right corner of the card. And that's it!

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: