Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Pink, polka dots and a little sparkle

I needed a birthday card for a two-year-old little girl, and I thought pink, polka dots and a little sparkle was in order.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Party Hearty, Remembering Your Birthday
Paper: 110-lb white (Recollections), Whisper White card stock; Let's Polka, Mon Amie patterned paper (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Regal Rose, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Metallic foil doilies, Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables Lawn Cuts dies (Lawn Fawn), Decorative Dots embossing folder, 2" circle punch, Action Wobble Spring (Raisin Boat), gold and silver Wink of Stella glitter brush pens, Dimensionals, Mono Multi liquid glue

This was the first time I used the stitched rectangle dies I bought ages ago. The largest die is the perfect size for cutting a piece of patterned paper to attach to the front of an A2 card. And I love the little detail it adds to the background.

An extra fun part of this card is that the focal point is mounted on an Action Wobble Spring, so the cupcake and embossed circle wobble and wiggle.

I used my gold Wink of Stella glitter brush pen to add sparkle to the candle flames and a few of the sprinkles on the cupcake. The rest of the sparkles I colored in with my silver glitter brush pen.

For the banner, I stamped the sentiment on a strip of white card stock and trimmed the ends into points. To add the curves, I ran my bone folder along the back of the strip (as you would use a scissors with curling ribbon) in the middle and then along the front of the strip along the two ends. I stacked three Dimensionals together and placed them behind the "mountain" in middle of the banner and adhered it to the card. The two "valleys" on the sides are adhered directly to the card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: