Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Sweet, simple Halloween cards

Can you believe October starts next week? I find it a bit shocking, actually. September just started, didn't it? Hmm. I guess if I want to send any Halloween cards this year, I'd better get busy.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Tangelo Twist card stock
Ink: Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip (pad and marker)
Accessories: Pumpkins #2 die (Sizzix), gold sequin trim, sponge, Mono Multi Liquid glue, glue dots, Dimensionals

These jack-o'-lantern die cuts are fun to play with. At first I was a little frustrated that the faces were separate pieces to glue on the pumpkins because I kept losing little eyes and noses and having to re-cut them. But it does make the die more versatile, because you can use the pumpkins without faces for fall or Thanksgiving cards, and you can mix and match the parts to create different faces.

For this quick and cute Halloween card I sponged the edges of the jack-o'-lanterns with Cajun Craze ink and the stems with Chocolate Chip. I glued them in the middle of a piece of Crumb Cake card stock (the left jack-o'-lantern is adhered with Dimensionals) and used a marker to doodle a border around the card stock. For a little sparkle I added a few gold sequins, and then I used Dimensionals to adhere the panel to a Chocolate Chip card base.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Tangelo Twist, Chocolate Chip, Lovely Lilac, Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Basic Black card stock
Ink: Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, white gel pen
Accessories: Pumpkins #2 die (Sizzix), Bat punch, 1-3/4" circle punch, Mono Multi Liquid glue, Dimensionals

This card uses the same focal point as the previous card, sponging and everything. I moved the jack-o'-lanterns to the lower left corner of the card and added a few details to create a little Halloween scene. With a white gel pen I added highlights to the bats' wings and drew a border around the sky. Sweet and simple.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: