Wednesday, September 10, 2014

More projects with August Paper Pumpkin kit

Last month I signed up for Paper Pumpkin, Stampin' Up!'s monthly craft kit subscription program. The August kit contained a stamp set; Hello Honey ink spot; and card bases, envelopes, embellishments and adhesive to make four A2 cards and four small gift-enclosure cards. (I forgot to take a photo of the kit supplies and cards, but Stampin' Up! created a video showing the August 2014 Paper Pumpkin contents and projects if you want to see them.) When I was done I had a lot of extra materials, so I used some of them to make another set of cards and a set of gift tags.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Paper: Summer Starfruit card stock, Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Accessories: Summer Starfruit stitched satin ribbon, Island Indigo 1/4" cotton ribbon, Brights Candy Dots, Arrows embossing folder, Dimensionals
Other: August 2014 Paper Pumpkin kit (white layers with die-cut words)

For these cards I used Summer Starfruit card bases with a piece of small-print DSP from the Sycamore Street pack layered on the front. I embossed the extra die-cut layers from the Paper Pumpkin kit with the Arrows embossing folder and adhered them over the DSP with Dimensionals. For a little embellishment I added a Tangerine Tango Candy Dot and two pieces of ribbon.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Ink: Brilliant Blue, More Mustard, Old Olive
Paper: Whisper White card stock; DSP from Rock Star Simply Sent kit
Accessories: 1/8" hole punch, Dimensionals
Other: August 2014 Paper Pumpkin kit (stamps, Hello Honey ink, die-cut layers, banners, linen thread)

With the remaining smaller die-cut layers I decided to make a set of gift tags instead of more cards, although the layout is the same. These layers were pre-printed with the green border around the stars and pink border around the hearts, and I wanted to find a DSP that would work with both. I looked way back in my stash and found these prints in the Rock Star Simply Sent kit (they are reverse sides of the same sheet). For the heart tags, I stamped the polka dots in Hello Honey and the birthday greeting in Old Olive. On the star tags, the polka dots are Brilliant Blue, and the greeting is More Mustard. For these two tags I didn't want the pink and yellow pre-printed border on the banners, so I stamped on the back and used a Brilliant Blue marker to make my own border. To add the linen thread I punched a 1/8" hole in the upper left hand of each tag.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: