Friday, July 7, 2023

Scrappy cards

After I finished making the floral card sets I shared last month, I had a lot of small pieces of patterned paper left over. I wanted to put them to use, so I created a few simple "scrappy" cards.


For the top two cards, I used two different circle punches. I punched six circles of patterned paper with each punch and then arranged the circles on two card bases. I kept the circles on each card the same size, but you also could try combining the different sizes. I added a sentiment strip to each card and finished them with a little butterfly and pearl embellishments.

To make the bottom two cards I used a variety of patterned paper strips. Each strip is 4" long, but they are a variety of widths. I adhered the strips horizontally on one card and vertically on the other and added gold flower silhouettes. (I had die cut the flowers when I made the original card sets, but I decided not to use them then. I think they work pretty well here.) I finished both of these cards with sentiment strips and sequins.

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great way to use up scraps of DSP! Cute and fun cards! Good luck with your Hero Arts application for joining their Design Team! I think you would be great on their team! I was asked a few years ago, not by HA, but an Australian stamp shop. I declined because of my health. I cannot guarantee I would be well enough to complete the job each week/month.
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine!

Anonymous said...

These are great! I struggle to use patterned paper & appreciate the inspiration. Thank you!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! I often have a hard time using patterned paper, too. I'm glad these cards gave you some ideas!