Friday, February 3, 2023

Customized name banner

Last year a friend of mine and her husband were finally able to adopt a baby after years of waiting. Their daughter, Madeleine, turned one this week, so it seemed like the perfect time to share the name banner I made for her last summer. (That makes it seem like I purposely waited to share it on a special occasion, right? Not just that I never got around to posting it before.)

The colors of Madeleine's room are lavender and gray, so that’s the pallet I used. For the banner pieces, I die cut white card stock that was printed with an emboss-resist flower pattern. Using a blending brush, I applied lavender ink to each piece so the color was darker at the top and lighter at the bottom. (It’s fun watching the pattern “pop” while you add the ink.) I punched a hole and placed a silver eyelet in the top corners of each pennant.

I die cut the letters out of gray card stock and glued them to the center of the pennants. To embellish each piece, I punched a small lavender flower, folded up the petals, and added a pearl in the center. I strung all the banner pieces on a length of thick gray twine.

At each end of the banner I added a tassel made with different purple, gray, and white ribbons and trims. I didn’t make any knots or anything for hanging the banner so length and spacing between the letters can be adjusted as needed.

I don't make a lot of décor pieces, but it's fun to mix it up once in awhile. And I think this banner turned out pretty cute. Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Andrea this is beautiful!! I love the soft colours you used! I am sure the new parents loved the banner! So pretty!
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable project! A special thing about crafting - art that's customized for the occasion, with name and room colors.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Judy and Sunshine! :)