Thursday, August 25, 2022

Too cool for school

After my last post with the less-than-stellar pictures of some of my gel-print cards, I wanted to share a gel-print card with a good picture! :) And bonus - this gel print was one of my favorites, and I love how the card turned out, too.

Isn't that fun? I had been waiting to use this gel print because I wanted the "perfect" card for it. The colors made me think of an under the sea theme, so I decided to use the S'whale stamp set from Ellen Hutson. 

I stamped a few schools of fish around the edges of a Coastal Cabana (Stampin' Up!) card base. I die cut the gel print with a stitched rectangle die, matted it with a layer of black card stock, and then adhered it to the card base.

 
For the focal images, I stamped and die cut the whale and two more schools of fish and used foam tape to attach them to the gel print. I added three clear droplets to look like bubbles coming from the whale. To finish the card I stamped the punny sentiment "You are too cool for school" on a strip of white card stock and attached it below the whale.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute and friendly looking Whale! Love the little school of fish, and the clear drops! The sentiment is perfect! That would be a great masculine card (maybe with a different sentiment?)! I love how the gel prints are a bit of a surprise when you create them. And they make great backgrounds, as yours has! A very fun card!
Hugs from Sunshine. xx

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine! I actually did use this as a masculine card - for my dad for Father's Day. The pun reminds me of a dad joke, so it seemed appropriate. :)