Thursday, August 25, 2022

Gel print birthday cards

I've been trying to replenish my stash of birthday cards for awhile now, but it always seems like as soon as I make a few cards, I have to send a few out. I'm not really making a lot of progress. So last month I decided I was going to make a bunch of "quick" birthday cards using gel prints for backgrounds. I say "quick" because I have a hard time doing any crafty thing quickly; I always overthink the colors, die cuts, sentiments, etc., so it takes me a lot longer than I think it will to get anything done. But I finally did manage to finish a good batch of birthday cards.

I don't know why these photos are so washed out; they looked fine on my phone, and the colors in person are so vibrant. How frustrating.

I wasn't even going to post these photos because they look so bad, but since I had the post mostly done, I figured I'd just go ahead. At least you can see the layouts, so maybe that will be a little inspiration. (And next time I'll get out my camera to take photos and not try to save time with my phone.)

Anywho, I tried to get some variety in the cards, including a few masculine cards as well as a few kid-friendly ones. I think I used all different birthday dies and sentiments -- no matter how many birthday stamps and dies I have, I'm always looking for new and different styles. They're definitely what I use the most after some basic shapes dies.


I'm finally getting a good-sized birthday stash, but I need to keep going. I get hammered with birthdays in the fall (around a dozen in just October), and with holiday prep in full swing by that time, it's hard to focus on birthday cards. So I'll just keep plugging away!

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Sunshine! I like to use the word dies with gel print backgrounds because it doesn't cover up too much of the gel print. Adding to the collection is always fun! :)