Saturday, November 30, 2019

November Christmas cards: Caring Hearts Card Drive

Since I created an Instagram account earlier this year and started following the accounts of other cardmakers, I've been learning about many different card drives and card requests. One such drive is the Caring Hearts Card Drive, which collects handmade Christmas and holiday cards to be distributed to elderly people living alone or in nursing homes. I didn't have a lot of time to participate -- at that time the deadline was only a couple of weeks away -- but I dedicated some craft time to making thirty cards, focusing on using some of my patterned papers.


Below are pictures of the individual card designs. I've provided the supplies for each card and a helpful hint here and there, but I skipped step-by-step information because there are quite a few photos. If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a comment, and I will respond as soon as I can.

Supplies:
Paper: Candlelight Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP), thick Very Vanilla, Real Red card stock (Stampin' Up!); gingerbread cookie die-cut shapes, green Mirri Sparkle paper (The Paper Cut)
Ink: Signo white gel pen (Uni-ball)
Accessories: Perfect Pines dies, foil snowflakes, Toile Tidings glitter enamel dots, Home for Christmas enamel dots, red/pearl enamel dots (Stampin' Up!); Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers); foam tape (3M)

Supplies:
Stamps: Wonderful Year (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Candlelight Christmas Specialty DSP, Very Vanilla card stock; thick Very Vanilla card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Deco Labels dies, Toile Tidings glitter enamel dots (Stampin' Up!); classic holiday ribbon (Making Memories); foam tape (3M)

Supplies:
Paper: Toile Tidings DSP, Real Red card stock, Very Vanilla card stock, vellum card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Quilt Builder dies (Stampin' Up!), Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies (Lawn Fawn), jute twine (May Arts ribbon), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), foam tape (3M)

I think this is my favorite layout of the bunch. I love the country Christmas feel. I die cut the frame out of vanilla card stock and glued it over the star shape, which I die cut out of red card stock. To help it stand out against the patterned paper, I glued the whole thing to vellum card stock and carefully trimmed around the square.

Supplies:
Paper: All Is Calm Specialty DSP, Soft Sky card stock, silver foil sheets (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: "Joy" die (Lawn Fawn); Bitty Banner punch, rhinestones, Pool Party shimmer ribbon (Stampin' Up!)

Supplies:
Stamps: More Merry Messages (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: All Is Calm Specialty DSP, Lost Lagoon card stock, Whisper White card stock, Pear Pizzazz card stock (Stampin' Up!); silver Mirri Sparkle paper (The Paper Cut)
Ink: Lost Lagoon (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Snowflake Set #1 dies (Echo Park); Big Peace Sugar Script die (Birch Press Design); Nested Banners dies (Simon Says Stamp); Perfect Pines dies, Pool Party shimmer ribbon, pearls, rhinestones, 1-3/8" square punch, sponge dauber, Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Pearl paint (Close to My Heart); Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

To help the tree stand out on the green card, I used a sponge dauber to apply pearl paint after I die cut the shape.

Supplies:
Paper: All Is Calm Specialty DSP, Whisper White card stock, thick Whisper White card stock, Lost Lagoon card stock, Smoky Slate card stock, Basic Gray card stock, Pear Pizzazz card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Country Houses dies, Country House Roofs and Background dies (Poppy Stamps); Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies (Lawn Fawn); Woodland Silhouettes 1 dies (Taylored Expressions); rhinestones (Stampin' Up!); foam tape (3M)

These cards helped me use up some paper scraps. I adhered strips of patterned paper to a piece of card stock and then die cut it with a stitched rectangle die. I adhered the panel to a white card base and then used different die cuts (in different colors) for the focal images.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards! And sounds like a great cause to donate to. The cards will bring a smile to the people who receive them, I'm sure!
Judy

Sunshine. said...

What a kind an caring person you are Andrea! These cards are beautiful, and all very Christmassy! What a thoughtful thing to do! You're amazing:-)
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com