Saturday, November 30, 2019

Little holiday treat packages

For the last several years I've put together little treat packages for our mail carrier and UPS, FedEx, and Amazon delivery drivers. They're nothing extravagant or fancy, but just little treats to say thank you to the men and women who deliver our mail and packages all year long, especially during the cold winter.

For this year's treats, I started with a package of silver mini gable boxes that I found on the Stampin' Up! clearance rack. I knew I was going to be short on time during the holidays, so these were a great time saver for me. I did spruce them up a little bit with blue, silver and white die-cut snowflakes and a few rhinestones.


The size of the gable boxes meant that I had to find treats small enough to fit inside. I ended up with a holiday-flavored lip balm, a small hand lotion, a coffee gift card, and a handful of mints and Hershey's Kisses.


I also made a holiday card to accompany each gift box. I stuck with the snowflake theme and made them to coordinate with the boxes.

Supplies:
Paper: Pre-folded note cards and envelopes (Marco's Paper), Craft Perfect December Skies specialty card stock (Tonic Studios)
Accessories: Snowflake Confetti die (Taylored Expressions), Snowflake Set #1 dies (Echo park), rhinestones (Stampin' Up!), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), silver mini gable boxes (Stampin' Up!)

The patterned paper was in a 6" x 6" pack. I cut a sheet into two 3" x 4-3/4" pieces to use as the large layers on the card fronts. Then I cut the leftover strip into two smaller strips to use at the bottom of the cards. To finish them off I added a variety of snowflakes and rhinestones.


Since the cards didn't fit inside the gable boxes, I put each filled box and a card (in an envelope) inside a cellophane bag. I folded over the top of the cellophane bags, stapled them closed and used a glue dot to adhere a bow over the staple. (I forgot to take a picture of this step, but I think you get the idea.)

If you still need inspiration for your holiday cards, next week I'll post a recap with links to all the Christmas cards I've made throughout the year. Then I'll be back to sharing non-holiday cards. I've made a lot of cards that I haven't posted on my blog yet; I'm going to do my best to share as many of them as possible before the end of the year so I can start 2020 with a clean slate. But I have a long to-do list for the next couple of weeks, so that may be an ambitious goal.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine. said...

What adorable little treat boxes, so cute! Love the way you have decorated each one! The cards are cute too! Very kind and thoughtful of you to think of all the delivery people! And yes, our mail delivery people do and extraordinary job at getting our mail delivered to us all year round. Christmas must be a very hectic and stressful time for them. I know theyw ill appreciate the gifts you have made for them!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com