Thursday, November 14, 2019

I can't adult today

When it comes to greeting cards -- and really just life in general -- I lean toward funny and sarcastic over "mushy" and sentimental. Of course, sentimental cards always have their place, but I love a card that makes me giggle. So when I saw the Blah Bunny stamp set from Honey Bee Stamps, I knew I had to have it. And I had so much fun making cards with it during my craft weekend last month.

Supplies:
Stamps: Blah Bunny (Honey Bee Stamps), To Seize or Not To Seize (Hero Arts)
Paper: Whisper White, thick Whisper White, Basic Black card stock (Stampin' Up!); Key Lime, Tranquil Teal card stock (Gina K Designs)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); colored pencils (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Blah Bunny dies (Honey Bee Stamps), Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies (Lawn Fawn), Stitched Frame Stacklets dies (Taylored Expressions), Wonky Stitched Circles dies (My Favorite Things), clear embossing powder (Stampamania), Mermaid Mix sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Gamsol kit (Taylored Expressions), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

Oh, my goodness, these bunnies are too cute. And the To Seize or Not To Seize stamp set has the perfect sentiments for these images. I can definitely relate to them, at least on some days. How about you?

I used colored pencils to color the bunnies and accessories and then blended the coloring with Gamsol. Then it was just a matter of cutting out pieces, deciding on layouts, and adding the sentiments.

Supplies:
Stamps: Blah Bunny, Happy Birthday (Honey Bee Stamps); Tiny Words Birthday (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black card stock (Stampin' Up!); Coral Reef card stock (Gina K Designs)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); colored pencils (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Blah Bunny dies (Honey Bee Stamps), Banners dies (Stampin' Up!), Moonshine Confetti sequins (Hero Arts), clear embossing powder (Stampamania), Gamsol kit (Taylored Expressions), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

For the third card, I wanted to do something a little different, so I made a birthday card. This bunny is trying to psych himself up for a big party, but it looks like he's too pooped to pop. (Again, I can relate.) I love the little party hat, deflated balloons and sequins that look like falling confetti.

I found the perfect little sentiment in the Tiny Words Birthday stamp set. I stamped it on a white banner and added it to the left side of the card.
Inside the card I added a panel of white card stock stamped with a large birthday sentiment. I also added an extra party hat to the top of the letter B, which I think is the perfect finishing touch.

I hope these cards brought a little smile to your face. Do you like to make and give funny cards? Or do you prefer ones that are more elegant and serious?

Thanks for stopping by today! And if you're not up for any adulting, feel free to lie on the couch with a cup of tea, coffee, or cocoa.


4 comments:

Sunshine. said...

These cards cracked me up Andrea!! Love the bunny and the funny sayings!! Yes, I too have days "like that"! I like a card that makes me laugh, and these sure did! Awesome!
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That little bunny is adorable! I know bunny is meant to be sleepy/tired, but I think might also look a bit like a relaxing yoga pose for a different idea.
Definitely can relate to the sayings too!
Judy

Andrea said...

That's a great idea, Judy! I'll have to keep that in mind. :)

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! Glad I could make you smile. :)