Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Clean and simple Christmas cards

As promised, I have two more Christmas cards to share with you today. These cards, which use the new Stampin' Up!® set Merry Minis, are clean and simple cards with minimal embellishments and layers.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Merry Minis, Sweet Essentials
Card stock: Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple, More Mustard, Wild Wasabi
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, More Mustard, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Merry Minis punch pack, 1" square punch, Postage Stamp punch, rhinestones, Dimensionals

This was a very quick and easy card to make, and although it's simple, I think it's still eye-catching. I love having the punches that match these little Christmas images.

For this card I started with the same layout I used for two of the cards in my Single-Layer Simplicity post. The main difference is that I didn't add any embossing or die-cutting around the edges of this card. I thought about it, but I was really happy with the card as-is, so I decided I should leave well enough alone. I also kept the inside of the card clean and simple by just stamping a greeting.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Merry Minis, Season of Friendship, Petite Pairs
Card stock: Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black marker
Accessories: Rhinestones, corner rounder

This is definitely not your average Christmas tree, but I like it. I knew I wanted to have these little ornaments hanging from a tree, so I went searching through my stamp sets and came across this one from the Season of Friendship set. The straight, unfussy branches left plenty of room to add the ornaments. I used a marker to add hangers for the ornaments, embellished the card with some rhinestones and rounded the corners. (This card was so clean and simple I didn't even need any adhesive!) For the inside of this card, I stamped the second half of the Petite Pairs greeting with one of the Merry Minis trees above it.

Tomorrow I'll share the final two Christmas cards I made last weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Donna said...

I especially love the first card with the Merry Mini's and Postage Punch! Love the clean look and I have a customer that I know will FLIP over these adorable little punches and stamps. I can hardly wait!