Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Frosty Friends

Today I'm going to share the final two Christmas cards I made last weekend. I'm a sucker for snowman stamps, so for these cards I used another one of the new a la carte stamps from Stampin' Up!®, Frosty Friends.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Frosty Friends, Sweet Essentials (inside card)
Card stock: Whisper White, Pool Party
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Pool Party, Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede
Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits dies, Paper-Piercing Pack - Essentials, paper piercer and mat, In Color printed brads, Snow Burst embossing folder, Dimensionals

This was a fun card to make, and it was pretty quick and easy. Basically stamp, color and embellish. The part that took the most time was probably piercing the holes around the edge of the die-cut layer. But at least with the paper-piercing template the holes are all evenly spaced. For the background I embossed a piece of Pool Party card stock with the Snow Burst embossing folder, which adds a great texture.

One of the things I like about this stamp is that there is enough space between some of the snow people to stamp them separately. That's what I decided to do for the inside of the card; I masked the ends of the stamp and inked up just the two snowmen in the middle. Then I just colored them and stamped a greeting.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Frosty Friends, Petite Pairs, Northern Hearts
Card stock: Whisper White, Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Marina Mist
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Marina Mist, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Large oval punch, 1-3/4" circle punch, 2-3/8" scallop circle punch, 1/16" hole punch, rhinestones, Gumball Green stitched satin ribbon, Dimensionals

Speaking of stamping the snow people separately, that's what I decided to do for the second card. I inked and stamped the left, middle and right parts of the stamp then punched out the images with either an oval or circle punch. I added a scallop circle punch as a frame for the center image and punched a hole in each of the scallops.

Inside the card I stamped several snowflakes around the edges of a Whisper White layer and added the greeting in the middle. It's simple, but I like how it sort of mirrors the front of the card.

 I hope you've enjoyed my little parade of Christmas cards the last few days. Now I just have to get back to my stamps and make some more! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: