Tuesday, January 26, 2021

A visit to Atlantis

I've only been to the ocean a couple of times in my life, but I loved it and definitely hope to go back someday. I don't see that trip happening any time soon, though, so for now, I'll have to use my craft supplies to create my own ocean scenes. Here are two cards I made last summer featuring the July 2020 My Monthly Hero kit from Hero Arts and the underwater lost city of Atlantis

 

Supplies:
Kit: July 2020 My Monthly Hero kit (Hero Arts)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Basic Black card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Intensified Black (Hero Arts)
Accessories: Foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Impressions), blender brush (Picket Fence Studios)

I started these cards by ink blending blue backgrounds on two white card bases. I applied the ink heavier toward the bottom of the card and lightened as I went up, leaving the card stock white at the very top of the card. I die cut the sunken city silhouette twice out of black card stock and glued each to a card base. Then I stamped the color-layering reef on white card stock, using a different color combo for each card. (The colored ink cubes were included in the kit, which is why they're not listed separately above.) I die cut those pieces and adhered them to the cards using foam tape. I finished off each card with some stamped and die-cut sea creatures (love the mermaid silhouette), a stream of bubbles, and a sentiment. I didn't add any embellishments (what?!), but a few clear droplets would be cute and would look like more bubbles.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Sunshine. said...

very cute cards! I love the little mermaid!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine!