Tuesday, January 5, 2021

2021 desk calendar: Flowers and leaves

I hope you've enjoyed my first two calendars: create every day and We Stand with You. I'm back today with my third and final calendar design, which features a variety of die-cut flowers and leaves.

Supplies:
Paper: Pool Party, Chocolate Chip, Shaded Spruce, Calypso Coral, Powder Pink, Whisper White, Granny Apple Green, Crumb Cake, Petal Pink, Seaside Spray, Misty Moonlight, Old Olive card stock
Accessories: Woodland Basics dies (Wplus9 Design Studio), Bouquet Bunch dies and Flower Fair dies (Stampin' Up!), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

I used a lot of different dies and card stock colors for these calendar pages. So instead of listing all the supplies after the first photo, I will list the supplies used for each set of pages after that photo.

It was fun (and sometimes a challenge!) to create a design that was seasonally appropriate. I think the March page ended up being the most "generic." I probably should have tried something like four-leaf clovers.

Supplies:
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizzazz, Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Poppy Parade, Real Red, Old Olive, Garden Green, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Soft Sea Foam card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Broken China, Worn Lipstick, Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks (Ranger); white paint pen (Posca)
Accessories: Shadow Box Card Park Add-On dies (Lawn Fawn), Flowers and Stems dies (Taylored Expressions), Poppy Moments dies and Beautiful Branches dies (Stampin' Up!), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

You can't tell in this photo, but the hydrangea on the June page is a mix of pink, blue, and purple Distress Oxide inks blended together on white card stock. It's very soft and pretty in real life.

Supplies:
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Pool Party, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, So Saffron, Highland Heather, Chocolate Chip, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Smoky Slate, Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight Blends markers (Stampin' Up!); Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Floral Squares dies (Pinkfresh Studio), Funky Foliage Thinlits dies (Sizzix - Tim Holtz), Build-A-Scene Trees dies (Taylored Expressions), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

For the July page, I die cut the framed daisy twice, once out of white card stock and once out of Pool Party card stock. I used alcohol markers to color the leaves, frame, and flower center on the white piece. Then when I glued everything to the background, I popped in the Pool Party "negative" piece for the sky.

I used sparkling clear sequins on all of the pages to add a little embellishment. They are my favorite sequins!

Supplies:
Paper: Blueberry Bushel, Old Olive, Garden Green, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Delightful Dijon, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Real Red, Shaded Spruce, Cucumber Crush card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Autumn Bouquet Fancy Dies (Hero Arts), 1/2" circle punch (Stampin' Up!), Bigz Autumn Accents die (Stampin' Up!), Woodland Basics dies (Wplus9 Design Studio), stylus, sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

To add some texture to the leaf on the November page, I placed the die-cut leaf on a foam mat (with the back facing up) and used a stylus to create lines for veins.

I made three of this style calendar, but one of them was actually stolen. (2020 was full of surprises, wasn't it?) My sister and I had a couple of Christmas gifts for our aunt, so we gave them to our dad to drop off when he visited. Well, before he could deliver them, someone stole the bag they were in out of his car. Sigh. Certainly not a big deal in terms of monetary value, but I was bummed to think that after all that work, the calendar probably ended up in the trash. (Update: So the presents weren't stolen after all. Apparently the bag was brought into my parents' house, and my dad didn't realize it. Ha ha!)

And that's it for this year's calendars. I'll be back to sharing cards in my next post. Thanks for stopping by!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no - so very sorry to hear someone stole the bag that had one of the calendars in it! This set is wonderful as well. I have to admit, I like fall colors, so September really caught my eye.
Judy

Sunshine. said...

Your calendar pages are great - lot's of work involved!
I have missed so many of your posts over the holidays, and they are all fabulous!
It's been so hot/humid here and I get lazy and haven't taken the time to leave a comment.
Your work is always amazing and I love to see what you have made!
Sunshine

Andrea said...

Fall colors are some of my favorite, too, Judy! And I updated the post - the presents weren't stolen after all, just misplaced. :)

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine!