Sunday, November 15, 2020

Be you(tiful)

It's been a crazy couple of weeks -- the election, a surge of COVID-19 cases, wondering what the holidays will look like this year, etc. -- and I've had no focus or energy for blogging. Now Christmas is creeping up, and I feel like it's going to be a challenge to get everything done. So I'm not sure how regularly I'll be posting for the next several weeks (which is a little disappointing because I have so many cards I haven't posted that I don't think I'll ever catch up). But I'll do what I can and see what happens.

For tonight I have a short post and a card that's a little different from my usual style.

Supplies:
Stamps: Flower Patch (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Watercolor paper (Strathmore), Crumb Cake card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!), Gansai Tambi watercolor paints (Kuretake)
Accessories: Rainbow Cloud Duo dies (Taylored Expressions), wooden heart (unknown), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers),
foam tape (3M)

I actually made this card last summer, and I was inspired by Sandy Allnock's "human rainbow." Sandy is an amazing artist and does a wonderful job portraying different skin tones in her art. I'm not good at coloring images of people, so I decided to take a different approach to a human rainbow. I mixed a few shades of watercolor paint to create different skin tones and painted a very simple rainbow. Then I added die-cut clouds and a little wooden heart and found the perfect sentiment in my stash.

This isn't a complicated or fancy card, but I hope it carries a little extra significance. Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Sunshine.iheartto said...

Cute card Andrea, and I really like the colours! Rainbows can be any colour in mybook!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine!