Saturday, April 11, 2020

Birthday stripes trio

My stash of birthday cards is getting seriously depleted. I used to have a box full of cards, but now I seem to use them as soon as I make them. If you need some ideas for birthday cards, here are three fun cards that are pretty quick to make.

Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Birthday (Honey Bee Stamps)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Lemon Lime Twist card stock; Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Basic Gray (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Happy Birthday dies (Honey Bee Stamps), glitter enamel dots (Stampin' Up!), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

The birthday dies come in a set of three: the actual word and two background layers. (The larger background layer also has dots around the edge. You can see it a little on the card on the right.) I cut each die from three colors of card stock -- gray, white, and lime -- and then mixed and matched the die cuts to make three focal images.

For the card bases I used thick white card stock and added layers and strips of DSP. I mixed a couple of patterns for the DSP: one with colorful stripes and a coordinating one that was a tone-on-tone pattern. I used the stamp set that coordinates with the dies to stamp phrases, either directly on the card or on strips of white card stock, to complete the sentiment on each card. I attached the "birthday" pieces using foam tape and finished each card with a few lime glitter enamel dots.

Although Easter celebrations will be different for many people this year, I hope you have a safe, happy holiday. Apparently we are predicted to get five inches of wet snow tomorrow, so I may be doing some shoveling. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these cards!Bright and cheerful - and mailable (even more important at this time!) There are quite a few birthdays coming up in extended family the ideas are appreciated. I don't know if I have a 3-layer die. I know I have 2 layer dies and I bet I could fussy cut if I take my time.
Thanks for the ideas! (and hope the snow melts to minimize the shoveling)
Judy

Sunshine. said...

Lovely bright and cheerful cards Andrea! I like the DSP, it's nice and colourful! Awesome job! I hope you didn't have to do too much snow shoveling. Stay well!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Judy! I'm glad I'm able give you some ideas for birthday cards. :)

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! Thankfully not much snow stuck to the streets and sidewalks, so I only needed to shovel a little bit off the front steps.