Friday, April 19, 2019

Easter shadow box cards

Today was a beautiful spring day -- the blizzard of last week seems a distant memory -- and the perfect day to share the shadow box cards I made for Easter.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate, Tip Top Taupe, Gray Granite card stock; cocoa Crinkles card stock (Wausau Paper); Certainly Celery Prints Designer Series Paper (DSP); window sheets
Accessories: Shadow Box Card, Shadow Box Card Park Add-On, Grassy Border, Mushroom House, Hello Sunshine dies (Lawn Fawn); rabbit dies - DIE043-G (Impression Obsession); mini white pom poms (Fibre Craft); 1/8" and 1/4" Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal); Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter); Dimensionals

Aren't they cute? I didn't make any Easter cards last year, so I really wanted to make at least a few this year. And when I saw the Shadow Box park Add-On die from Lawn Fawn, I knew exactly what I wanted to make. The Shadow Box dies make it so easy to make these fun cards. (And they fold flat to fit in a standard A2-sized envelope!) The hardest part is deciding how to decorate them!

I used dies from a few different Lawn Fawn sets to set the scene for these little bunnies. I added a grassy border along the back and sides of the shadow boxes, clouds in the sky, and a few little butterflies and flowers (tulips, my favorite). For some of the cards I glued a butterfly to a tiny strip of window sheet, so it looks as if they're flying.

The bunny shapes are made with a die from Impression Obsession. I cut them out a few different colors of neutral card stock and chose two different bunnies for each card. I couldn't resist adding tiny white pom poms for their little cottontails.

I also love the texture on the tree trunks that frame the scene. Originally I wanted to use a wood grain-textured card stock, but while I was looking through my various bins of paper, I stumbled across the Crinkles card stock. The little bit of texture looks just like tree bark. Perfect!

I used these shadow boxes for about half of my Easter cards. The rest of them were a traditional, clean-and-simple A2-size card (but still with cute bunnies!). Check back tomorrow to see those cards. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are just adorable! And you've tempted me to order these dies. (that's a good thing - it's fun to see something new & unique!)
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! The shadow box card dies are very fun. And once you get used to assembling them, they go together more quickly than you might think. :)

Sunshine said...

OMG! These are too cute!! You've done an awesome job Andrea, they are so pretty! I love them all, so couldn't possibly pick a favourite!
P.S. Thanks so much for your comment n my blog:-)
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com