Saturday, June 24, 2017

Floral papers in the spotlight

In my last post, I mentioned that I had two cards left to share from my spring craft retreat. Well, as it turns out I actually have four cards. So I'll share two today, and two in my next post, and then I'll be ready to move on to newer projects. Today's cards feature a couple of different layouts with floral patterned papers.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Essential Messages (Hero Arts)
Paper: Berry Burst card stock, Pocket Blossom Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Berry Burst
Accessories: Delicate white doilies, burlap ribbon, clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, cup sequins - Baby assortment (Craft Medley), Tiny Attacher (Tim Holtz), Glue Dots, corner rounder

This is a very clean and simple layout, but I love the pattern on this paper and wanted it to be the focus of the card. I also love how well it matches Berry Burst, one of Stampin' Up!'s new In Colors -- probably my favorite so far -- so I used that as my card base. To add a bit of embellishment to the paper I wrapped a piece of burlap ribbon around the card front, tucked in a small piece of white doily and attached the ribbon to the card with two tiny staples. I also added three fuchsia sequins and, although it's difficult to see in the photo, painted Wink of Stella clear glitter on the dark pink flowers in the paper.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Delicate Details
Paper: Basic Black, Calypso Coral, Very Vanilla Old Olive card stock; Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack
Ink: Calypso Coral, Old Olive
Accessories: Secret Garden Framelits dies, Shine & Sparkle sequins (Hazel and Ruby), Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, corner rounder, sponge, Mono Multi liquid glue

The Pretty Petals DSP Stack is another favorite of mine, and this layout, which I found in an idea book, gave me a chance to use several of the prints in the pack. I love the bold flower print with the smaller, monochromatic patterns. For the focal image, I die cut a couple of Calypso Coral flowers and a branch of Old Olive leaves and sponged the edges with ink to add some depth. I used two mini Very Vanilla scalloped circles for the flower center and painted Wink of Stella on the top circle. Three sequins and a strip of stamped lace finish off the card.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: