Thursday, April 6, 2017

Spring bunnies

Thanks to the March Paper Pumpkin kit, Bunny Buddies, I had quite a few adorable cards (and treat bags!) to use for Easter this year. But I did need a couple of additional cards, so I pulled out an old stamp set and combined it with some fun new products to make these two cards:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Serene Spring, Delicate Details
Paper: Crumb Cake, Sweet Sugarplum, 110-lb white card stock (Neenah); Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: StazOn Jet Black, colored pencils and blender pencil (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Layering Squares Framelits dies, Subtles Candy Dots, Sweet Sugarplum twine (left over from Paper Pumpkin kit), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Glue Dots, Dimensionals

Isn't that bunny in the basket adorable? It's one of my favorites, and I don't think I'll ever part with that set. I colored each focal image with colored pencils, matted it with a Sweet Sugarplum scalloped square and added a couple of simple embellishments: a Candy Dot in the center of the flower and a Sweet Sugarplum twine bow on the basket.

For the card base, I added a strip of DSP with a gingham pattern to a Crumb Cake card, stamped a lacy border using Crumb Cake ink and added the focal layer to the card with Dimensionals. Here's a secret: I had intended to make both cards with the layout on the left card, but when I was stamping the lace on the second card, the image didn't come out cleanly. So I moved the DSP over and stamped a different lace image.

These certainly aren't fancy cards, but I think they're perfect for spring. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: