Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Elegant but simple wedding card

Last weekend my cousin got married, and I wanted to make an elegant but not-too-complicated wedding card to celebrate the occasion. A few die-cut shapes and a little sparkle made that an easy task.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Paper: Smoky Slate, Perfect Plum card stock; silver glimmer paper
Accessories: Sunshine Wishes and Swirly Scribbles Thinlits dies, rhinestones, Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

The wedding invitations (handmade by my aunt and my cousin) were shimmery plum with silver accents, so I used that as my color inspiration. I chose Perfect Plum and Smoky Slate card stock, but switched the dominant color. I started with a Smoky Slate card base and added a die-cut wavy image, also in Smoky Slate, to create some subtle background texture.

For the focal image I die cut two "scribbly" hearts from Perfect Plum card stock and adhered them to the card so they overlapped. I used Dimensionals to adhere a silver glimmer "love" die-cut and added a bit more sparkle with three little rhinestones.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: