Monday, February 14, 2022

2022 Meals on Wheels valentines

Happy Valentine's Day! Again this year I made valentines for the organization that runs the Meals on Wheels program in my neighborhood. I made 115 cards this year in about a dozen different designs. I try to keep some of the designs more masculine or gender neutral (or at least not too pink and frilly), so there is a good variety of styles. (If you're new here, check out the Meals on Wheels valentines I've made in years past. There are a lot of easy, quick, and cute ideas.)

I didn't take a picture of all the cards together, but here are photos of all the different designs.

These cards were from an old card kit. I changed out the sentiments to make them into valentines and made one additional card to use up the extra felt flowers I had left.


For these cards I used a few coordinating sheets of patterned paper with square and heart punches and added matching sequins. On the heart cards, I splattered metallic watercolor paint on the background.


I used some pretty floral and succulent prints from old calendar pages to make these cards. I kept them pretty simple because I didn't want to cover up too much of the flowers.

These cards use the cutest washi tape. The tape looks like a roll of stamps, perforations and everything, so I cut them apart and added two "stamps" to each of these collage-style cards. I think this was my favorite card design.

Another postage-themed set of cards. I've had these faux stamps punched apart and colored for simply ages (like years, seriously), and I decided to finally put them to use.

I didn't want to spend a lot of time coloring, so the images on these cards were perfect. On the dog card, I only had to color the bird and the scooter, and for the other design, I colored only the scale (the bowl, hearts/cherries, and arrow were all stamped). I didn't do any shading, either, so they were pretty quick.

I love the two-tone heart-shaped boxwood wreath on these cards. I combined them with some punched sprigs and wood-patterned paper for nature-inspired cards.

This is a really easy layout for pretty papers. I cut up a 12" x 12" piece of patterned paper into (I think) 3" x 4" pieces, then layered each one on a coordinating card stock mat and adhered it to a card base. I used a coordinating tone-on-tone printed paper for the sentiment banner and added a few white hearts.

These two designs aren't really related; I just already had a lot of pictures, so I put them together. :) So here is a clean and simple stamped rainbow and one more faux postage-stamp design.

And there you have it! I do enjoy making these valentines every year, and I would definitely recommend looking for an organization in your area if you're interested. If Meals on Wheels isn't available, try a community center or senior care facility/nursing home.

I'll be back soon to share my personal valentines from this year. Teaser: I used gel prints to make some collage-style "artsy" cards, and I loved it!

I hope you had a special day, and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All wonderful designs! The cute dog on the scooter sure caught my eye. I'm certain each and every one of these cards brought a smile to the recipients.
Judy

Sunshine. said...

Oh my gosh, these are fabulous cards Andrea! I can't choose a favourite because they are all so awesome! I like each one on it's own merit. I am sure every recipient loved and appreciated their card! You have mad a lot of people happy with these cards!
I haven't been well (nothing major) and am behind in commenting.
Sunshine

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! I love that image, too. It's not from a Valentine's Day stamp set, but I think it works perfectly for the holiday.

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Sunshine!